It is the start of a new week and I would like to start it off with a little Housekeeping. Here are some much awaited details for the next Quilt Along, as well as goals and pattern news.
Christmas Table Topper Quilt Along
With Christmas fast approaching I thought it was the perfect time to do a Christmas table topper. This table topper will measure approximately 41" x 41" and while I will give yardage requirements for 4 different fabrics (which is what I will be using in the sample), it is perfect for using up some of those scraps.
To the left is what the table topper will look like! You can click on it for a larger image. It consists of 3 different blocks that will be released 1 at a time.
Block release will come with detailed instruction on block construction, as well as pictures. The timeline and breakdown are as follows.
- Friday, September 11, 2015 - Fabric Yardage and selection tips will be released.
- Friday, September 18, 2015 - Block 1 (Corner Blocks) cutting instructions and tutorial will be released.
- Friday, October 16, 2015 - Block 2 (Flying Geese Block) cutting instructions and tutorial will be released.
- Friday, November 13, 2015 - Block 3 (Center Block) and border, cutting instructions and tutorial will be released.
Website, Events, & Goals
Next this brings us to goals. I currently have a few goals for the website and events and I would like to let you know what is coming. Some of these goals might affect the appearance of the website slightly. Don't be alarmed as you see things changing.
There is now a mailing list for those that want to keep up with blog posts, current events, upcoming events and much more. The mailing list sign-up can be found at the bottom of any page on this site. Or you can find it by following this link.
Keeping things clean and easy to use is one of my major goals for the website. I want the visiting experience to be pleasurable so things like annoying pop-ups and obnoxious advertisements are something I plan to avoid. Feedback of any type is welcome at all times. Below are some upcoming improvements as my coding and website building knowledge improve.
- Print Page button for clues/block instructions.
- Improved layout and website styling.
- Link Party for events to allow for people who might be blogging about an event to share in one central location for all to see.
- Upgraded site gallery.
- Add an About Me Page
With the Mystery Quilt Along wrapping up this week I would like to start off by saying thank you to everyone who participated. It was a pleasure to share my design with all of you. A lot of you have filled out the feedback form on the website and provided some wonderful feedback. If you would like to share pictures of your finished quilt, and have them featured in the Mystery Quilt Along Gallery, please email them to email@example.com. Clues will remain accessible on the website till at least the end of the year (maybe longer) but will be moved to an archive link for those still wishing to get clues.
The Christmas Table Topper will be the final event of 2015 and there will be a break in December. I currently have a couple of new mystery designs that I am considering for the next quilt along, as well as a BOM I am designing. The timeline for these is still up in the air. As I decide on when they will happen I will let everyone know.
The What a Hoot PDF Pattern was recently posted for sale. For those that prefer to have physical patterns shipped to you I am working to add this option in the future. Additional patterns will be coming as well. Stay tuned for the following patterns:
- On the Go - will be a free pattern for everyone to enjoy.
- Talavera Tile - will be coming toward the end of the year and will include instructions for 2 sizes.
- Playful Pachyderm - has been tested but a release date is yet to be determined. Stay tuned; details will be coming soon.
- Cactus Bloom - will be coming sometime at the beginning of next year. The current version of the pattern uses the Lazy Angle Ruler (by Creative Grids) and I am working on a paper pieced version as well.
- Additional patterns will be announced at a future date.