Welcome. If you are interested in being added to the pattern testing mailing list please fill out the form after reading the below section.
Prior to release, all patterns will be tested to ensure the quality of all Desert Bloom Quilting Patterns. Quilters of all skill levels are welcome, and highly encouraged to volunteer if you think pattern testing is for you. When new patterns are ready to be tested an email will go out to the mailing list stating the timeline the quilt needs to be completed in, picture of the quilt to be tested, the skill level of the pattern, the fabric & tool requirements, as well as the sign-up window and any other important details. Once the sign-up window is closed, pattern testers will be selected at random from the list of those that respond to the email, and will receive the pattern for free. If you don't get selected don't worry. There will be many chances.
What is expected of you if you are selected to test the pattern?
- You will be expected to provide feedback as you work through the pattern. If something is confusing or doesn't read well, grammatical errors, you name it I'd love to know. It is the only way I can make my patterns better and provide the best quality to customers.
- The quilt needs to be completed within the time window supplied in the email. That being said, I fully understand life happens and will never nail you to the wall if you miss the deadline, or eliminate you from future pattern testing opportunities. This is part of the reason there will be multiple testers for every pattern.
- Once the quilt is completed a quality picture needs to be provided with your final pattern feedback. This picture will be used on the website or in the pattern.
What do you get?
- Pattern testers will receive a free draft version of the pattern in Word, and those that complete it within the deadline and supply their pictures will receive a completed, released version of the pattern for free.
- Your quilt picture featured either in the pattern itself or on the pattern page of the website.
If you are still interested in pattern testing after reading the above section. Please fill out this form and submit it.